Friday, February 28, 2020

 

Fear and the novo corona virus


Triumphant faith
Fear can grip us. It gripped DAVID. Foes made him fear,
Failure attacked his confidence, his courage failed when he found himself pursued by armies of Philistines, Amelakites and King Saul's army. He suffered the slings and arrows of outrageous slanderers.
The Future was uncertain. Today with the pandemic about to strike every family fear grips our hearts.
A few years ago young people were wearing  caps and t shirts sporting the logo "No Fear!"  It is nice ifyou can avoid problems. [Insert your own concerns that have caused you to fear at times: health issues, war time concerns,  financial or relational worries]
A Psalm 27  How To Cultivate Courage
1. CULTIVATE CONFIDENCE
THE LORD IS my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid? 2 When the wicked came against me To eat up my flesh, My enemies and foes, They stumbled and fell. 3 Though an army may encamp against me, My heart shall not fear; Though war may rise against me, In this I  will be confident.

David cultivated Confidence in the Lord.
He discovered the Lord as his light.  This is a rare term in the Bible. When used of the Lord it primarily speaks of enightenmentin knowing the Lord who gives light.  John 8:12. Jesus said "I am the light ofthe world whoever follows me shall not walk in darkness but will have the light of life!"
He discovered the Lord as his salvation.  Peter speaking of the Lord Jesus said, "Neither is there salvation in any other for there is no other name under heaven given among men whereby we must be saved!" Acts 4:12.
[Describe how you discovered the Lord Jesus as your light and salvation]
And consequently He is your stronghold. Romans 8:32 37-39 reminds us that if the Lord has loked after the eternal issues for us He will surely look after the rest. If He didn't spare His own Son to save you, He  cares enough to bring you all the way home.

2. CULTIVATE CONSECRATION
One thing. What is theone thing that counts in your life? What is the main concern of your Life?
4 One  thing I have desired of the LORD, That will I seek: That I may  kdwell in the house of the LORD All the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the LORD, And to inquire in His temple. 5 For in the time of trouble He shall  hide me in His pavilion; In the secret place of His tabernacle He shall hide me; He shall  set me high upon a rock. 6 And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me; Therefore I will offer sacrifices of joy in His tabernacle; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the LORD.

8. You have said, "SEEK MY FACE." My heart says to you, "Your face, Lord, do I seek."
Are you growing to know the Lord intimately?  My quiettimeis so important for my life that I need to read God's Word at the start of each day, so I seek His face.
[Explain why you seek God's face each day and how you do that. Talk about the importance of famiy devotions]
Isa 26:3 "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed onThee because he trusteth in Thee."
Is He your true desire?  Repent if that is not so. Is He your true strength? Turn to Him in complete dependence. Is He your true joy? Seek His face until He is your true joy.   "Take from our lives the strain and stress and let our ordered lives confess the beauty of Thy peace." 
3. CULTIVATE COURAGE
David reminds us to "Wait for the Lord; be strong and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!"
It is never easy to wait for what we want, but waiting builds the strength of resilience.
Waiting on the Lord means diverting our desires towards Him, and awaiting His will and ways.
Wait on the Lord. 
How do you wait on the Lord?
Scripture 
Supplication 
Sensitivity to God and others
Self denial 
Service 






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Free Hit Counter