Saturday, October 10, 2026

 

LEARNING THE SECRET OF STRENGTH

LEARNING THE SECRET OF STRENGTH
Philippians 4:9  What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you
Distress Brings Learning
We may feel discouraged.   Problems shake us  -Persecution, pressures, people
God’s desire for you is fulfilment, but so often our hearts are embedded to worldly things for our fulfilment.
These come to bring you the opportunity to learn God’s secret of Power.
4:11 I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. 12 I have learned the secret 
When peace like a river attendeth my way When sorrows like sea billows roll
Whatever my lot  Thou hast taught me to say It is well It is well with my soul
The Secret Is A Mystery
The Secret Is Not Self-Sufficiency
Kipling wrote: If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming you
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you, But make allowance for their doubting too, If you can wait and not be tired by waiting, or being lied about, don’t deal in lies …. Yours is the Earth and everything in it
And –which is more- you’ll be a man my son!
HIS POWERFUL PROMISES
Isa 41:10 Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.'
In ev'ry condition, in sickness, in health,  In poverty's vale, or abounding in wealth,
At home and abroad, on the land, on the sea  The Lord, the Almighty, your strength e'er shall be.
Fear not, I am with you. Oh, be not dismayed,  For I am your God and will still give you aid;
I'll strengthen you, help you, and cause you to stand,  Upheld by my righteous, omnipotent hand.
HIS PERSONAL PRESENCE
Isa 43:1 But now, thus says the LORD, who created you, O Jacob, And He who formed you, O Israel: " Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine. 2               When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you. 3 For I am the LORD your God, The Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
When through the deep waters I call you to go,  The rivers of sorrow shall not overflow,
For I will be with you your troubles to bless   And sanctify to you your deepest distress.
Though Satan should buffet  Though trials should come Let this blest Assurance control
That Christ has regarded My  helpless estate And hath shed His own blood  For my soul
The Lord Is Near
2Ti 4:16  At my first defense no one came to stand by me, but all deserted me. May it not be charged against them!  17  But the Lord stood by me and strengthened me, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. So I was rescued from the lion's mouth.  18  The Lord will rescue me from every evil deed and bring me safely into his heavenly kingdom. To him be the glory forever and ever. Amen. 
Phil 4: 7  And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  8  Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things...    The God of Peace will be with you
HIS PROFICIENT POWER
Php 4:12  I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need.  13  I can do all things through him who strengthens me. 
Ephesians 3:14 I bow my knees before the Father,   16  that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being,
Eph 6:10  Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might.
5:18 Be filled with the Spirit..(allow Him to fill out your life in every situation –SG) 
HIS PROVIDENTIAL PROVISION
Phil 4:19  And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.  20  To our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen. 
Ephesians 3: 18  may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth,  19  and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. 
HOW IS IT ATTAINED?  BY PRAYER
The Lord is at hand;  4:6  do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.  7  And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Free Hit Counter