Thursday, August 06, 2026
Great is Thy Faithfulness
The most beautiful memory I have of our time at Hope Christian Community Church was after short prayer and worship service after a family fun day outreach. Our Samoan church family led us in singing the hymn Great is Thy Faithfulness. We sang it in gratitude for God’s great grace that day. The words come from Lamentations 3:19-26 ESV - 19 Remember my affliction and my wanderings, the wormwood and the gall! 20 My soul continually remembers it and is bowed down within me. 21 But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope: 22 The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; 23 they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. 24 “The LORD is my portion,” says my soul, “therefore I will hope in him.” 25 The LORD is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him. 26 It is good that one should wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD. The Unfailing Compassions of God. The Source -the steadfast love of the Lord The Safety - never ceases The Stream -His mercies never come to an end The Succession- they are new every morning The Supremacy. -Great is Thy faithfulness The Soul Says -the Lord is my portion, my hope, the One I seek, the One I wait upon.