Wednesday, October 02, 2024

 

Outline of Matthew 5:8 Blessed Are The Pure In Heart for they shall see God

The Keys to Genuine Happiness
Matthew 5:1-8 Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.
The heart  Pure? Integrity!
Jeremiah 17:9-10 The Heart:  Diseased      Deceitful
"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings." (Jeremiah 17:9–10)
"For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery,22 coveting, wickedness, deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride, foolishness.23 All these evil things come from within, and they defile a person." (Mark 7:20–23)
You need a Doctor
Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved, for you are my praise. Jere 17:14
"And I will give them a heart to know me." (Jeremiah 24:7) "Blessed are the poor in spirit."
"Blessed are they that mourn."   "Blessed are the meek."
"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness." Mercy.
"In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. For what we proclaim is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, with ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake.
For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. (2 Corinthians 4)
1. Remember that God sees everything.
Matthew 6:4,6,18 And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.
"Thou God seest me" Gen 16:13
"Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God."  1 Corinthians 4:5
Isaiah 29:13  The Lord says: "These people say they love me; they show honor to me with words, but their hearts are far from me. The honor they show me is nothing but human rules."
2. Review your motives.
1)Giving. Matthew 6:2 So when you give to the needy do not announce it with trumpets as the hypocrites do in the synagogue and on the streets to be honored by men.
2)Praying. Matthew 6:5 "When you pray don't be like the hypocrites.
3)Fasting. 16 "And when you fast, do not look gloomy like the hypocrites, for they disfigure their faces that their fasting may be seen by others.
3. Realign Your Priorities
Exodus 20:3 "You shall have no other gods before Me."
Matt 6:24 "No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.
Matt 6:19 -21 "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal,20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal.21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
I must look at my Activities.
I must look at my Anxieties.
Matthew 6:25 "Therefore I tell you, don't worry about your life..."
I must look at my Ambitions.
this is what pagans are always looking for;  But seek first the kingdom of God
James 4:1-3, 7-8
Do you know where your fights and arguments come from? They come from the selfish desires that war within you. 2You want things, but you do not have them. . . .
So you argue and fight. You do not get what you want, because you do not ask God. 3Or when you ask, you do not receive because the reason you ask is wrong. You want things so you can use them for your own pleasures.
James 4: 7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.8 Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
Are you conscious of God's presence?
Are you content with God's praise?
Are you controlled by God's priorities?
ADMIT your need for a pure heart
Psalm 51:12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit.
Psalm 51:7Take away my sin, and I will be clean. Wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. 8Make me hear sounds of joy and gladness; let the bones you crushed be happy again.
Psalm 51: 9,10 Hide your face from my sins, and blot out all my iniquities. Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.
BARE yourself and be open to God's working
17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.
COMMIT yourself to Christ fully
Psalm 51:1,2 Have mercy on me, O God, according to your steadfast love; according to your abundant mercy blot out my transgressions. 2 Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin!
1John 1:7 the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.
 
 
 
 
 






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Free Hit Counter