Wednesday, July 12, 2023

 

The Passion of the Christ


The Movie PASSION OF CHRIST:

"Mel Gibson warned actor Jim Caviezel that playing the character of Christ was going to be very difficult and that if he accepted, he most likely would be marginalized by Hollywood. 

Pedro Sarubbi, who played Barabbas, felt that it was not Caviezel who was looking at him, but Jesus Christ himself, as he played that role he said of Caviezel, "His eyes had no hatred or resentment towards me, only mercy and love."

Luca Lionello, the artist who played Judas, was an avowed atheist before shooting began. He eventually converted, and baptized his children. 

One of the main technicians working on the film was a Muslim converted to Christianity.

Some producers said they saw actors dressed in white they didn't recognize during one of the filming sessions, and when they reviewed the recordings they realized they couldn't see them in that footage.

Today Jim Caviezel simply and boldly proclaims his faith in Christ, and the miracle it was for him to represent Christ as an actor and a greater believer of Christ because of this experience.

And my dad became a Christian through it. 
He rang me after viewing it at the theatre. " I saw the Passion of the Christ"
I asked him what he thought of it. 
He said he didn't see much.  "Is it true?"  
I said "is what true? I guess the blood and the horror were pretty true"
"No" he said, "is it true what was on the screen at the start: 'He was despised and rejected by men,
a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief;
and as one from whom men hide their faces
he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
Surely he has borne our griefs
and carried our sorrows;
yet we esteemed him stricken,
smitten by God, and afflicted.
But he was pierced for our transgressions;
he was crushed for our iniquities;
upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace,
and with his wounds we are healed.'"
(Isaiah 53).
I said "yes dad that is true!"
He said "oh then that is the best news ever! When I saw those words I cried and I couldn't really see the rest of the film because I was crying! Then that is the best news ever! I knew Jesus died for the sins of the whole world, but I didn't know He died for my sins! That's the best news ever!"





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Free Hit Counter