Saturday, January 01, 2022

 

Wonderful staff at Nepean Hospital

I got a say the nurses were amazing there at Nepean.

They dealt with a young 23 year old making big threats last night. He demanded an operation instantly, but he had to wait and fast 8 hours. He kept threatening to 'Take a bottle of Whiskey and a gun and do himself. The surgeon came out to meet him, but that didn't help.

Clearly the 2 sects of Islam were at war. The Dr refused to do the operation saying that he was a disgrace to Islam (probably the comment on Whiskey provoked the Dr.). So other guy rang for mates to shoot him dead. They would raid the hospital immediately (they were speaking arabic but the intention seemed pretty clear).

I whispered to a nurse to get security in immediately, but I think security was at the fireworks. I kept looking for them but not seeing any men that could interrupt the process.

They finally stuck some endone in him and settled him down

I was wondering if there would be a shootout

He was in the next bed

I told him he would face God tonight and what would he say to Him

then I said my friend what will your wife your kids your family think of all this throughout their lives

I was more amazed at the courage of a tiny Chinese nurse they already called "sister nun"

She forced herself to march up to him and negotiate about 7 times

I thought she was about 16

Amazing courage. And I told her and the senior nurses that

It probably wouldn't have ended well for anyone she deescalated it so well

There was a very unwell Aussie woman with two broken legs in the opposite bed

She would definitely have been a casualty

 

 

 

 

 

And there was a surgeon who came in.. it seemed they were discussing me,,, and then the surgeon said "I have some bad news for you. There isn't any community nurses that can assist you in the holiday period. We have looked everywhere but have been unsuccessful. We cannot let you go home today.  Then the surgeon lifted the blancket covering my feet,that checked my feet. Shocked, he said "I thought I cut that off yesterday!"

He was shocked

It turned out there was another Steven who had his foot amputated yesterday.

And 20 years ago an orthopaedic surgeon told me he intended to cut my foot off after a yachting accident. He came into the ward every day for three weeks saying directly he was going to cut it off.

Yesterday I thought for a moment ohhh noooo.

They must be related! And he is coming for me!

 

 

The nurses ask each patient each time they doll out pain medication: "What's your name and date of birth." One time I hopped in and said "Peter Rabbit."

 






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Free Hit Counter