Monday, January 10, 2022

 

What do you do?

When well meaning friends turn up at your front door unexpectedly without masks and begin to chat about hairdressers for their daughter expecting you to invite them inside to chat close face to face when they KNOW that having been operated on last week in an 8 hour operation I am particularly susceptible to covid.
Lorelle and I wore masks inside for the last week, stayed in different rooms used different bathrooms in order that either of us would not transmit delta to the other as Lorelle had a fellow worker and me a surgeon and nurse tested positive to covid.
Do people think they, or we are superhuman and incapable of being infected? Do they not realise that more than half of those in ICU were triple vaccinated?
Well we set out a sign saying we are self isolating. We spoke on the phone to another friend pleading with him not to come. I spoke myself into a strained voice begging him not to come, as it threatened my life having just been released less than a day before from hospital. Yes they still come. Like lemmings. Proving their bravery.
So what do you do?





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Free Hit Counter