Friday, October 22, 2021

 

Comfort In Difficult Times

The most wonderful encouragement I have found is  how the Lord Himself comforts His people.

Psalm 94:17 If the LORD had not been my help,

my soul would soon have lived in the land of silence.

18 When I thought, "My foot slips,"

your steadfast love, O LORD, held me up.

19 When the cares of my heart are many,

your consolations cheer my soul.

 

 

When the cares of my heart are many:

The Problems Can Be Varied:

The Apostle Paul knew many difficulties.

2 Corinthians 11: 23 Are they servants of Christ? I am a better one—I am talking like a madman—with far greater labors, far more imprisonments, with countless beatings, and often near death. 24 Five times I received at the hands of the Jews the forty lashes less one. 25 Three times I was beaten with rods. Once I was stoned. Three times I was shipwrecked; a night and a day I was adrift at sea; 26 on frequent journeys, in danger from rivers, danger from robbers, danger from my own people, danger from Gentiles, danger in the city, danger in the wilderness, danger at sea, danger from false brothers; 27 in toil and hardship, through many a sleepless night, in hunger and thirst, often without food, in cold and exposure. 28 And, apart from other things, there is the daily pressure on me of my anxiety for all the churches. 29 Who is weak, and I am not weak? Who is made to fall, and I am not indignant?

 

I chatted with a pastor for an hour or more today. He has recently been going through numerous death threats from "difficult customers."  We compared wounds: I too had experienced several death threats since 1990; All by those who were "known to the police." And yes, it causes stress and anxiety. But God is in control of it all. And even ore so, the Lord always comforts His people.  His comfort is worth the stress.

 

But The Principle is the Same

2 Corinthians 1: 3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. 5 For as we share abundantly in Christ's sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too. 6 If we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation; and if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which you experience when you patiently endure the same sufferings that we suffer. 7 Our hope for you is unshaken, for we know that as you share in our sufferings, you will also share in our comfort.

 8 For we do not want you to be unaware, brothers, of the affliction we experienced in Asia. For we were so utterly burdened beyond our strength that we despaired of life itself. 9 Indeed, we felt that we had received the sentence of death. But that was to make us rely not on ourselves but on God who raises the dead. 10 He delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us. On him we have set our hope that he will deliver us again. 11 You also must help us by prayer, so that many will give thanks on our behalf for the blessing granted us through the prayers of many.

 

God comforts His people.

May God bless you with His comfort today (even if it is in the fires of tribulation).

 






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Free Hit Counter