Thursday, September 26, 2013

 

Discovering Your Ministry

Have you considered your place of ministry at Life Anglican Church -Riverstone? (Please circle the items you feel you would like to do)

Magnification

The Magnification Shift - from Self to God

Worship Ministries: Worship leading,

Music, Drama,

Reading , Prayers Other

Ministry

Ministry Shift - from consumers to contributors

Service Ministries: Pastoral care giving

meals Visiting set up, mowing,

cleaning Life group hosting computer

helps caring for the poor and the sick other

Maturity

Maturity Shift - from Disciple to Disciple-Maker

Teaching Ministries: Life group leaders Preaching, teaching

other

Membership

The Membership Shift - from events to relationships

Incorporation Encouragement Ministries: Encouragers who bring people to church etc

advertising Leading Membership classes;

follow up. other

Mission

The Mission shift - from Inreach to Outreach

Evangelistic Ministries: Evangelistic work in scripture, children’s’ work, youth work

other

Administery

Service Ministries: Treasurer, minutes secretary, church warden

other

DISCOVERING YOUR MINISTRY

STEP 1: DEDICATE YOURSELF

"I urge you... to offer yourselves as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God -- which is your spiritual worship." (vs. 1)

STEP 2: ELIMINATE DISTRACTIONS

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind." (vs. 2)

STEP 3: EVALUATE ACCURATELY

"Don't cherish exaggerated ideas of yourself or your importance, but try to have a sane estimate of your capabilities by the light of the faith God has given to you. (vs.3 Ph)

STEP 4: COOPERATE WITH OTHERS

"Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one Body and each member belongs to all the others." (vs. -5)

* Every member is a minister in Christ's body.

* Every member has a different function.

* Every member's ministry is important.

* Every member belongs to the others.

STEP 5: ACTIVATE GIFTS IN MINISTRY TO OTHERS

"We have different gifts, according to the grace God has given us.. prophesy... serving... teaching... encouraging... contributing... leadership... showing mercy..." Romans 12:6-8

Dear Steve,

I believe God has equipped me to do these ministries in this local body, the church. ________________________________________

I will look for ways that I can help this church grow by serving Him and serving others at Life Anglican Church Riverstone

SPIRITUAL GIFTS

Spiritual Gifts I believe I have:

1)

2)

3)

I feel I may have these gifts because:

1)

2)

3)

HEART

1. What I have a heart for, or what motivates me most:

I LOVE TO :

I LOVE TO :

I LOVE TO:

2. Who I love to work with most, and the age or type of people:

3. Church issues, ministries, or possible needs that excite or concern me most:

ABILITIES

1. My current vocation is:

2. Other jobs or skills I have experience in:

3 . I feel my most valuable personal asset is:

PERSONALITY

This is how I see myself: I am mainly (circle one)

Extroverted or Introverted

Routine or Variety

Self-controlled or Self-Expressive

Cooperative or Competitive

EXPERIENCES

MY SPIRITUAL JOURNEY

This is how and when I became a Christian, and what it has meant to me since:

Times when I have felt closest to God, and meaningful spiritual experiences that stand out in my mind:

MY PAINFUL EXPERIENCES

These are the kind of trials or problems I could relate to and encourage a fellow Christian who is going through them:

MY EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCES

Seminars or training that has been meaningful to me:

MY MINISTRY EXPERIENCE

Where I have served in the past (if applicable):

Name of Church, what position of service and how many years involved:

clip_image002RIVERSTONE






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Free Hit Counter