Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Revelation Bible Studies Revelation 18 The Coming Economic Collapse
“There is coming an economic calamity that will make the great depression of 1929 seem like child’s play.” Adrian Rogers 1995
1. Is Babylon the actual city in Iraq, or symbolic?
All the nations of the world commit adultery with Babylon because she brings them great riches. They become intoxicated with her belief system of global economics.
2. What is the link between dug use, mysticism and demon possession?
3. What does God call His people to do?
4. Why? There are two reasons.
"Come out" is an urgent imperative. "Come out now. Do not delay." When it comes to dealing with a system like this, decisiveness is crucial.
2 Corinthians 6:14 Do not be mismatched with unbelievers. For what partnership is there between righteousness and lawlessness? Or what fellowship does light have with darkness? 15 What agreement does Christ have with Belial? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? 16 And what agreement does God’s sanctuary have with idols? For we are the sanctuary of the living God, as God said: I will dwell among them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be My people.17 Therefore, come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord; do not touch any unclean thing, and I will welcome you.18 I will be a Father to you, and you will be sons and daughters to Me, says the Lord Almighty.[
5. This world system is going to get more corrupt until the coming of our Lord. What indicates this?
6. Monarchs, merchants and mariners are watching what occurs. How are they affected?
7. Why are the people crying? What does this say about what they value?
8. Who brings about this economic crash?
To the degree that Babylonian globalism wallows in wealth as a central and value, to that degree will be her torment and sorrow.
9. What reveals the values of our lives?
10. Mark 8:34 Summoning the crowd along with His disciples, He said to them, “If anyone wants to be My follower, he must deny himself, take up his cross, and follow Me. 35 For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life because of Me and the gospel will save it. 36 For what does it benefit a man to gain the whole world yet lose his life? 37 What can a man give in exchange for his life?