Wednesday, April 18, 2007

 

SUICIDE

I noticed today that someone googled my web site looking for help with a problem like this "I've done things that I cant tell my husband about because he wouldn't forgive me, do I run away and get a new identity? or do I commit suicide?"

That is a deeply distressing and depressing problem.

I am very upset for the woman experiencing this sort of a problem.

There are some very important things to note:
1. That the first relationship that needs to be dealt with is between this woman and God.

There is forgiveness with God.

John 3:16 is still as true today as when the event happened 2000 years ago:

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

2. That unless we receive pardon from the Lord Jesus Christ we stand under God's wrath for our sins.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. 21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

We see that we are all condemned unless we accept the pardon that is offered in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Luke 19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

God doesn't want you to be lost. He sent His Son to die for you.
God wants you to experience His pardon and forgiveness.

1John 1:7 .. the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

3. You need to come to Him and receive that forgiveness and pardon.
Jesus said Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

John 1:11-13 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. 10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. 11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not. 12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

4. There is forgiveness with God, and eternal life. And the Lord wants to restore your life now as well. 2 Corinthians 5:17 says Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

The Lord Jesus comes into our lives and renews us from within when we receive Him as our Saviour and Lord.

You definitely need to take this step right now.

Pray "Dear Lord, I have really messed things up real bad. I know I am sinful and wrong. I know I've done a lot to make you angry with me. Thank you for loving me any way. Thank you that the Lord jesus christ died on teh cross for my sins so I can have eternal life. Please come into my life. please forgive me my sins. please restore me. make me new. In Jesus' name, Amen."


Your second problem is with the things you've done.
Those things need to be stopped.
Make some changes that will make you a better person. Find out how to do that by reading God's Word each day. He'll direct your paths. trust Him to help you.

Your third problem is being the sort of person that your husband can love and respect. Make a new start today. If ever your past comes out, then be the sort of woman now that he can trust then.

Make those things right that are wrong.

A good conscience is a wonderful wonderful thing.


Suicide? Its NEVER an option. You'll hurt you family and your friends deeply. There is no agony like the agony of grief for those who suicide. There is no shame greater than that which a child or a parent feels when their loved commits suicide. It never helps any problems and only makes matters much much worse. And those who suffer, suffer for many many long years. Their lives are ruined.
If you still feel that way.. write to me here (my email is on the top left corner)... or talk to a pastor near you at home.

We care, we'll help as much as we can.

But do that now.

Steve





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Free Hit Counter